AVP, Business Management and OperationsApply Job ID: R-020062 Date posted: 01/21/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The AVP, Business Management & Operations will play a critical role in the Relationship Management organization; working with senior leadership and other key partners to lead and manage business processes, programs, and key strategic initiatives that support our key priorities of client advocacy, firm navigation and client satisfaction. Successful candidates will be able to collaborate with an array of cross-functional team members, executive leadership, and have a strong operations, program execution, and continuous process improvement approach. This role provides an exceptionally broad view of LPL’s business and serves as a key role in the Enablement team for execution and delivery of key senior leadership initiatives.
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
- Lead and manage the Relationship Management Advisor Capital process and monthly reporting
- Responsible to develop and deliver on processes, programs and key initiatives in support of Relationship Management key priorities; including managing and enhancing the enablement team projects and initiatives roadmap and dashboard.
- Design and implement continuous improvement initiatives; leading and managing key projects and programs as assigned.
- Provide program management support and delivery on key components of LPL’s club program
- Assist in the execution and delivery of the business planning and budgeting process, including monthly tracking and reporting on P&L performance to leadership team (in partnership with Finance).
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience, along with a commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Exceptional data management skills, including experience with the following: Navigating a complex data environment; Identifying, extracting, integrating and working with data from multiple systems; using a thorough, detailed approach to ensure the highest level of data accuracy - Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business, with an execution mind-set.
- Sharp analytical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills; with experience and confidence with executive level engagement
- Strong project management and organizational skills; with ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail, with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and SmartSheets.
- CRM-Salesforce experience preferred; with ability to build reporting and analyze key data points.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, finance or related; with high business acumen and, or related work experience.
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience a benefit
- Project management experience
- Experience in account management organizations, owner relations organizations a plus
- Financial services or retail financial advice industry experience a plus, not required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.