AVP, Business ManagementApply Job ID: R-024100 Date posted: 07/07/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced business environment and solving problems across a variety of disciplines?
- Do you enjoy understanding the inner workings of a business and how organizations come to thrive?
- Do you have the ability to tell a compelling story using data and insights?
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Assistant Vice President for National Sales and Marketing Business Management will support the development and oversight of processes and tools that drive efficiency across the NSM team. You will assist in the development of synthesizing data from multiple sources, developing reports where needed to drive business insights and strategy development, and streamlining processes for efficiency and effectiveness. Additionally, you will proactively draft communications that align the organization to these efforts. In this position, you will be instrumental to creating solutions with a focus on automation, scalability and action-oriented intelligence. Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are needed, along with the ability to be flexible, effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability to work within a team, take initiative and show strong attention to detail is also a requirement.
- Develop and maintain business management reporting; provide guidance to identify and support reporting and data needs.
- Summarize data insights through impactful visualization, publicize results, and participate and share with leadership as appropriate
- Write, edit, and distribute clear and compelling communications, including announcements and profiles, business success stories, Q&As, policy updates, town hall content, scripts, speeches and talking points, surveys, and other communications.
- Support Managing Director’s office in developing effective, consistent, and relevant employee messaging in support of business unit goals and priorities, while working to drive employee engagement, productivity, and performance.
- Develop, support, and/or implement communication plans.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree program in Business or similar preferred
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way in a variety of mediums; strong analytical skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; capable of delivering exceptional work under tight deadlines
- Natural curiosity and grace under pressure
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.