AVP, Business MgmtApply Job ID: R-003415 Date posted: 06/12/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Assistant Vice President, Business Management role will report directly to the Vice President of the IIS PMO and be a member within the Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) business unit.
The role will be responsible for supporting complex IIS initiatives and requires strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly advancing work simultaneously, and demonstrate the ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders across multiple business areas in the firm.
The new team member’s responsilbities include:
- Provide program and portfolio research, analysis, and support on a variety of strategic initiatives that span across multiple business units
- Synthesize internal and industry data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations
- Creating presentations for senior members of the organization
- Assist in developing, improving, and revising program processes for continual improvement
- Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Reviews existing business processes to identify areas of improvement. Develops a basic understanding of processes and technology, enabling a cross-functional perspective on product/process opportunities.
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise to enable a strong mutual understanding of risks and opportunities while also achieving close alignment on business needs
- Thrives in a team atmosphere and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services/brokerage industry; BA or BS/MBA preferred; PMP Certification desired
- A high level of integrity, earning the respect and trust of his/her peer groups and executives
- Strong industry acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Personal confidence with outstanding leadership capabilities
- Ability to collaborate and work across a large and highly matrixed organization and collaborate/influence as appropriate
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence behavior of others
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, and work effectively with all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products is a must; experience in Visio, Access and Quickbase a plus
- Client facing experience in the financial industry (Advisor or Institution) and experience in advisor facing technologies or processes a plus
Compensation Grade: 7A
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.