AVP, Capital InvestmentsApply Job ID: R-008778 Date posted: 07/01/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Advisor Financial Solutions department managing our Capital Investments team. As the Assistant Vice President of Capital Investments, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our executive management team make informed decisions as well as drive and maintain efficient day to day operations. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making to drive continuous strategic growth.
The Advisor Financial Solutions group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and collaborating with the company’s business units providing overall financial and capital deployment support. This team is directly involved in strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, supporting growth initiatives through potential M&A transactions as well as providing pricing and capital deployment analysis. This role will have direct exposure to top level management including C-Level executives.
- Working with VP to develop capital deployment strategy and maintain efficient processes
- Perform and support financial analysis of potential acquisitions and coordination of due diligence
- Develop financial projections for potential acquisition targets
- Assist in managing investment portfolio building out dashboards to track returns
- Perform various valuation analyses, including discounted cash flow, comparable and precedent transactions, as well as potential consequences, among others
- Prepare presentations and reporting to senior management on potential M&A transactions, capital structure, and strategic growth initiatives
- Interfacing with business unit counterparts to address specific needs of advisors
- Creating reporting and analysis to drive business decisions on capital deployment opportunities
- Handle escalations by both internal business partners and our Advisors
- Provide ongoing support, coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities to address staff needs in order to engage them and help them be more effective and successful.
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- 5 - 7 years investment banking, private equity, or corporate development experience preferred
- 1 - 2 years of management experience preferred
- MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.