AVP, Client Experience and Engagement, Relationship ManagementApply Job ID: R-018488 Date posted: 10/14/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The AVP, Client Experience and Engagement will work directly with Relationship Management senior leadership and other key partners to build and lead a culture of high advisor engagement initiatives and activities. Key activities will include; implementation and execution of client recognition programs, development of B2B content and materials, activation of high-touch client programs and events (both virtual and in-person), managing forums for executive leadership and board of directors interactions with key clients, creation of frameworks for client meetings and in-market activities, and alignment with Conferences team on Relationship Management participation in firm-wide events. Successful candidates will be able to collaborate with an array of cross-functional team members, executive leadership, and external vendors; along with possessing a unique blend of strategic, creative, analytic, and project management expertise to deliver on a successful client experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and ensure the consistency in the messaging, branding, content, and look-and-feel of all internal and external communications and marketing materials—coordinating and socializing with content, creative, and broader organization
- Perform ongoing tracking and reporting on success of RM client engagement events & initiatives. Building of reporting in Salesforce and other platforms to measure ROI of client engagements and reporting key client engagement and event summaries on a monthly basis to RM leadership team.
- Develop and execute client engagement and marketing plans that include in person activities, email campaigns, participation in industry conferences and events, webinars, and website updates
- Work closely with Conference Services team on invitation process and advisor selection to all major conferences, meetings and events to ensure the right advisors are at the right events driving loyalty, growth and opportunities. Act as a key point of contact for Relationship Management leadership and team members related to details and client engagement at firm-level conferences and events.
- Supports relationship managers with event framework and communication templates for learning groups, small events, in-market workshops, and entertainment experiences. Participates on-site as needed.
- Owns developing and planning client engagement operating processes and procedures in conjunction with Relationship Management leadership team. Includes invitations, cross functional team member engagement, senior executive inclusions, agenda creation, and more. Focused on delivering an elevated experience that highlights opportunities for advisors to engagement with LPL leaders and executives as applicable.
- Manages event & entertainment budget with VP, Enablement across organization to identify cost saving opportunities, optimization of funds, establish preferred vendor relationships and manage sponsorship opportunities in line with LPL’s platform and product’s team.
- Creation, development and management of client communications, content and related marketing materials for Relationship Management client events, conferences and engagements; including client and executive briefing materials, client invitations, and other client messaging as applicable.
- Management, execution and delivery of LPL’s milestone anniversary program.
- Maintain contact with vendors and other key sponsors and partners on design and implementation of related materials, communications, events, and projects as applicable.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Experience creating and executing B2B sales & marketing strategies, and communications programs within a client facing organization
- Strong collaborators who understand the value of delivering on exceptional client experiences; with the ability to work cross-functional across many teams to execute and deliver on those experiences.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; with demonstrated strong writing skills and a creative mind-set
- Strong project management and organizational skills; with ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail, with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and opportunities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are client-centric and team-oriented; with the ability to deliver in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and other products and tools used to create custom client content and presentations for an executive level audience
- CRM-Salesforce experience preferred; with ability to build reporting and analyze client activities data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, marketing, communications or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in B2B marketing, communications or related client experience roles
- Service, meetings or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience a benefit
- Project management experience
- Experience in a global account or sales organization a plus
- Financial services experience a plus, not required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.