AVP, Community RelationsApply Job ID: R-017603 Date posted: 09/09/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you committed to social good and building equity? Do you have a vision for how business can have a transformational impact on the community? Do you know how to motivate others to create change? Do you have a successful track record in coaching and managing a team? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? This could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Community Relations AVP is a leader within LPL and a member of the team that drives LPL’s philanthropic strategy through LPL Financial Foundation charitable giving, employee and advisor community engagement, and impact measurement. This role will be responsible for San Diego and national community investments, the employee involvement strategy, and the management of the day-to-day operations of the LPL Financial Foundation.
- Lead the day-to-day operations for Community Relations team, to include the LPL Financial Foundation and the community engagement technology platform
- Own governance and risk management for the LPL Financial Foundation to ensure practices are compliant with applicable IRS guidelines/codes/rulings, with special emphasis on how a private foundation interacts with the corporation and its strategies
- Identify opportunities for investment and programming to fulfill the strategic goals of the LPL Financial Foundation and foster relationships with current and future community partners
- In partnership with direct report, oversee strategy and execution of employee volunteerism and giving in order to deepen LPL’s community impact and meet the company’s ESG commitments
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5-7 years’ experience with corporate social responsibility (CSR) and philanthropy (including grant making and employee/executive involvement); 2+ years managing one or more direct report(s)
- Knowledge of IRS guidelines and governance pertaining to a private foundation
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate the business value of a CSR program
- Experience with community engagement technology platforms (Cybergrants, Benevity, CSR Works/YourCause, Salesforce.org)
- Familiarity with community needs in San Diego and ability to gain understanding of needs in other home office cities and beyond
- Ability to be flexible, work autonomously, prioritize, problem solve, and think critically in a fast-paced environment
- Strong and compelling written and verbal communication skills, including ability to create PowerPoint decks
- Ability to capture and analyze data in order to make decisions, report on progress towards goals, and identify areas of opportunity
- Experience in management of financials (record-keeping, budget tracking, reporting, etc.)
- Familiarity with issues regarding equity and the racial wealth gap, small business ownership, and diversity within the financial services industry
- Experience with charitable giving programs that use both foundation and corporate funds to invest in the community
- Experience in developing and management of a philanthropic disaster relief plans and programming
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.