AVP, CompensationApply Job ID: R-014859 Date posted: 05/13/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Do you have a passion for …
Designing compensation programs that deliver a highly personalized experience for employees that enables employees to focus on our customers
Would you like to …
Take an out of the box approach to designing and enhancing compensation programs to be a pioneer in the industry
Have you …
Had a minimum of 8 years of experience in the Compensation profession and pride yourself in providing a best-in-class customer experience.
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The AVP, Compensation will be a trusted business partner providing consultative compensation advice to other Human Capital partners and the Business. As a senior member of the team you will support the compensation function in the design, development, implementation and on-going analysis and management of company-wide compensation programs and initiatives.
What will you do?
- Plan, administer, and implement broad-based compensation projects and programs
- Lead the annual merit and bonus cycles from end-to-end including project management, design, testing, communication, training and support of partners
- Maintain the job and compensation structure including identifying outliers with the market
- Lead the annual benchmark process to ensure LPL maintains competitive pay practices
- Consult with Human Capital partners and Business Leaders on competitive pay practices
- Conduct annual survey submissions, including identifying necessary surveys
- Model compensation data, develop reports and key metrics to support our pay for performance culture
- Train employees and managers on LPL’s compensation philosophy and practices
- Develop effective and clear communications regarding compensation programs and processes.
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
What skills, experiences, and education are required? .
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and a minimum 8 years progressive work experience in HR Compensation is required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence within all levels of the organization
- Solid understanding and experience with Workday
- Experience with MarketPay
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.