AVP, Corporate SecurityApply Job ID: R-010604 Date posted: 08/05/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you looking for a position where you are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of a company? Do you find excitement in creating a safe and secure work environment? Do you possess a working knowledge of physical security policies and procedures?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
What will you do?
As an AVP, Corporate Security you will provide a safe and secure work environment, on and off campus, in which associates are able to focus on their assigned responsibilities. You will be responsible for visitor and vendor management procedures, weekly tests of the duress alarms and cameras, managing the new hire fingerprint, I9 and access badge procedures, and the door alarm procedures.
- Manage the creation and deactivation of LPL access badges, and ensure that the appropriate access levels have been assigned.
- Develop strong working relationships with both internal and external partners that assist in supporting the day-to-day security related operations of the firm.
- Manage vendor relationships. Vendor services include, but are not limited to, contract security guards, security integration services, travel security services, event security services and armed security.
- Create, write and implement a variety policies and procedures relating to access control, loading dock security, Security Operations Center (SOC) management, and contract security guard management
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world class, client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred plus a minimum of 7 years in the field of physical security or related field in a corporate environment
- Working knowledge of physical security policies and procedures, emergency action plans, must be capable of managing multiple projects at the same time, and be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience working in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.