AVP-Cyber Risk Consultant, Advisor SecurityApply Job ID: R-013205 Date posted: 02/23/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , SC-Remote , TX-Remote ,CA-San Diego
Job Overview: AVP-Cyber Risk Consultant, Advisor Security
Information Security is essential to what we do at LPL, from protecting our employees, our advisors and their clients. As the AVP Cyber Risk Consultant for Advisor Security you will join a growing organization responsible for securing our advisors and their clients, enabling the business to innovate while balancing the need to reduce risk.
You will partner with business and relevant stakeholders to securely help them meet their goals and objectives, provide information security and risk management consultation on initiatives, programs and projects and collaborate and innovate with other security groups within LPL. You will operate pragmatic in your understanding of risk and security, but willing to challenge and escalate when needed.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide information security and risk management consulting, recommendations and guidance to the business on Advisor facing products and initiatives.
- Influence the business to help them understand and adequately mitigate cyber risks
- Implement security controls based off LPL policy and industry best practices.
- Track security risks across various business units and security domains.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments on new Advisor technologies and products.
- Liaise with risk partners across various business divisions and enterprise functions including Technology Risk, Compliance Legal & Risk and Privacy.
- Contribute to Advisor Security program development by identifying new or emerging opportunities to apply security principles and technologies.
- Contribute to the development of new information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide regular updates and KPIs to executive leadership on business security risk posture.
What we are looking for?
- You have a desire to work in a fast moving, forward leaning and modern financial services environment.
- You have demonstrated cyber risk experience with the ability to manage technical security risks.
- Ability to frame and communicate security and risk related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various levels.
- You are comfortable developing KPIs and cyber risk metrics and communicating those to executive leadership.
What skills, experiences and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, technology or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in information security/technology
- Knowledge of current and emerging cybersecurity risks, risk management methods and solutions.
- Experience working in the financial services or regulated industry.
- 2+ years of performing security risk assessments and/or security consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change and work with multiple business stakeholders to effect change and risk culture.
- Experience with cloud security risks (AWS, Azure)
- Familiar with industry frameworks and regulations (i.e. NIST CSF, ISO, FINRA)
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC and other appropriate certifications a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.