AVP, Enterprise Data Strategy and GovernanceApply Job ID: R-008552 Date posted: 02/13/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Data Strategy & Governance
Essential to a firm’s success is a culture of data driven decision making. In order to find this success, the organization must develop a mature data infrastructure coupled with data governance. The scope of this role is focused on driving LPL Financial’s enterprise data strategy with respect to data standardization and analytics enablement. You will collaborate closely with technology partners, data stewards across the firm, and external vendors with the goal of leveraging data as a strategic asset. This role will provide a high level of executive exposure and requires the candidate to be able to understand technical detail while being able to communicate key messages to a nontechnical audience.
- Work with the enterprise data strategy across all stages including initial scoping, planning, execution, and implementation.
- Establish a single source of truth to increase accuracy and quality while eliminating duplicative fields and eliminating ambiguity for data users.
- Improve accessibility through the democratization of information, enabling our internal stakeholders to leverage data in everyday decision-making.
- Define consistent logic for key performance indicators with such tactics as data dictionaries that document various data points, processes, relationships, and other meta data.
- Drive protocols for maintaining control and governance to ensure security and privacy.
- Foster accountability and ownership by assigning data stewards for each functional business unit and lead a steering committee on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership from functional business units to lobby advocacy, gain buy-in and alignment, and manage prioritization.
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree with approximately 3-5 years of related work experience or a related graduate degree.
- A degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Drive decision-making in a cross-functional setup with technology, data science, business intelligence, and applied analytics teams.
- Experience managing, coaching, and developing junior associates in a leadership role.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills and the ability to break down complex technical structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues across various disciplines and levels.
- Ability to tailor communications to an executive audience, synthesizing key insights and technical nuances and elevating them to a strategic business discussion with senior leadership.
- Manage and oversee end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, relationship management, and resource allocation.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.