AVP, Executive SupportApply Job ID: R-011520 Date posted: 10/29/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Lead Executive Support Specialist
LPL Home Office Technologies is responsible for the support, engineering, and strategy for the enterprise desktop applications that our internal employees use to better serve our Advisors and Investors. Simply put, our goal is to provide a modern computing environment that is reliable, simple to use, and flexible to individual workstyles.
We are seeking a qualified professional lead support specialist to provide highly personalized and responsive technology support for members of our Executive Leadership Team. This role will have overall responsibility to ensure that our Executive Support Team is delivering exceptional customer service, and precision support to our Executives.
- Provide Exceptional Customer Support to Executive Staff Members to inspire confidence, care, and delight.
- Act as the representative to IT for the Executive, involving others as needed to resolve issues or fulfill requests, and fully owning Executive issues end to end.
- Identify simplification and automation opportunities to make the service efficient and delightful for our Executives.
- Mentor and act as a lead to other members of the Executive Care team to provide proactive professional service.
- Develop a strategic plan to ensure that our Executives’ technology is always available and functioning properly.
- Coordinate and deliver a weekly summary technology health report for each of the Executives.
- Must have a strong understanding of the technology the Executives are using, how they are using it and what technology challenges they encounter in their day to day activities.
- Support of MacOS, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Telecommunications, VPN, and other baseline corporate applications.
- Focus on expert support of tools such as laptop, desktop, iPad, iPhone, remote access, home offices etc.
- Works with Senior Executives, Executive Assistants and Desktop Support to develop a support plan for individual executive technology needs, including travel and other offsite engagements.
- Maintain inventory of live replacement devices for the Executive to provide for immediate swap capability.
- Responds quickly to technology outages affecting the Executives and their Assistants to restore service as quickly as possible, on a 24/7 basis as needed. Works in partnership with the Desktop Support area, understands and follows the established technology standards and support processes as appropriate.
- Provides feedback based on Executive input and usage; develops ideas for new and improved solutions based on needs. In conjunction with Desktop Support, establishes and monitors metrics on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrated Excellent Customer Service experience
- Exceptional communications skills to provide a professional representation of Home Office Technologies to our Executive community
- Ability to travel to support Executive needs.
- Minimum three years’ experience in providing desktop support services to senior executives.
- Minimum seven years of end user support experience, troubleshooting hardware and software problems required.
- Expert experience with current Windows OS required.
- Expert level experience with supporting end user hardware, software, and technologies.
- Advanced experience with Apple devices (including MacOS/iPhone/iPad/iOS) and hardware required.
- Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (2010 and 2016) as well as Microsoft Exchange and Outlook required
Associates degree in related technical area or equivalent technical training/experience required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.