AVP (Finance Manager), Divisional FP&AApply Job ID: R-009202 Date posted: 03/19/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL’s Financial Planning & Analysis department is seeking a talented finance professional to join our team. As a trusted business partner, you will be responsible for driving analyses, forecasts, and recommendations that help our management team make informed decisions and improve the profitability of our company. You will work closely with colleagues in finance and in the business units to develop insightful analyses, metrics, and forecasts. The ideal candidate has a combination of strong business acumen, financial modeling capabilities, and excellent communication skills.
The Role - Essential Functions:
- Lead the financial planning & analysis function for our Finance and Human Capital business units
- Oversee the delivery of compelling, accurate, and visually effective financial presentations
- Lead the budgeting and monthly forecasting process for the business unit including volume metrics and recommendations for improved financial performance
- Present financial results and insightful variance explanations to the business unit Managing Director and senior leadership team and to FP&A senior leaders
- Evaluate investments using cost-benefit and return on investment models
- Coach and develop analyst team on technical and general business skills
- Strong financial/quantitative skills with the ability to build forecasting models and to take complex factors and create relevant, concise summaries to support finance and business unit decisions
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes with incomplete information and ambiguity
- Positive attitude with a commitment to excellence and integrity
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with both finance and business professionals
- Ability to balance a strategic thinking process with attention to detail
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; corporate finance/FP&A background is preferred
- BA/BS in Finance, Business, Economics (or related discipline)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.