AVP, Financial Advisor Diversity RecruitingApply Job ID: R-005143 Date posted: 11/20/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Women Advisor Recruiting within LPL's Business Development division will drive activity, sales and growth by identifying and aiding in the recruitment of new women financial advisors and teams. This role will source, research, connect with, and close women advisors on joining LPL.
This is a unique opportunity to help move the needle on diversity and inclusion, and the person in this role will impact the company by setting new standards for diversity recruiting strategies.
- Develop sales and recruiting strategies to attract women financial advisors.
- Continually improve and evaluate recruitment practices, ideas, opportunities, and affinity partnerships to increase ability to source women advisors.
- Identify new women advisors by making initial sales calls, as well as respond to internal inquiries made to LPL.
- Understand and articulate LPL’s business model, LPL’s policies, the financial services industry, and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Meet with prospective advisors during the home office visit in order to address questions and concerns regarding LPL’s platform and policies.
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential advisors to determine whether the advisor and their book of business is an appropriate candidate for LPL.
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting women, as well as coaching the home office presenters on who our competitors are, and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business.
- Identify external organizations, local events and conferences that create new sourcing channels, and attend events on behalf of LPL and the business development group.
- Be a subject matter expert who can empower LPL’s business development team through consultation and by providing them with resources to attract women candidates from their territories.
- Individually own certain advisor segments of the pipeline from initial contact to the advisor joining LPL, and work in close partnership with Regional Directors to help manage the other segments of the pipeline, including setting appointments on their behalf.
- Partner with the BD leadership team to determine deliverables, timelines, and goals needed to integrate diversity sourcing projects and initiatives.
- Partner with Advisor Diversity and Inclusion team to stay informed on firm-wide diversity and inclusion growth initiatives, and report insights from the field
- Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on women sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
- Design, experiment and test new approaches to attracting diverse candidate slates.
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or related field of study
- Series 7, 66 and 24 preferred
- Prior sales experience in the investment space, at least 2-4 years of Financial Services experience in a sales related role
- 2 years’ experience leading diversity sourcing projects and/or recruiting initiatives, particularly for women, is preferred
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion as well as a basic understanding of the business case for and benefits of diversity and inclusion
- Enthusiastic, polished professional demeanor
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Ability to build strong professional relationships throughout LPL
- Superior verbal, written and listening skills required
- Engaging and authentic presentation skills
- Consultative and relationship building skills a must
- Commitment to follow-up and follow-through
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team-player, positive "can-do" attitude
- Experience designing creative sourcing strategies preferred
- Demonstrated ability in a wide range of existing and emerging sourcing areas preferred, including but not limited to: inbound lead generation, recruitment marketing, market mapping and attraction strategies
- Previous experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement strategies you designed
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and Salesforce
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.