AVP Fraud OperationsApply Job ID: R-003389 Date posted: 08/21/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
AVP - Fraud Operations Team:
LPL Financial is currently seeking an AVP for the Fraud Operations team, which will manage and lead a high risk, fast-paced, high-profile team.
The Fraud Operations Team Leader will be responsible for developing, structuring and leading the response and escalation process as it relates to potential and actual fraud items presented to the Fraud Ops Team. The individual will be expected to make quick decisions, based on the facts provided with the intent of protecting LPL clients and preventing future fraud. Relationship building and open communication with STO partners and LPL businesses across the business will be a key success factor in this role.
For this role, strong leadership, industry experience, positive attitude and strong communication are needed in order for these teams to succeed and grow.
- Continued Growth and development of the Fraud Taxonomy at LPL
- Assisting in the design and development of LPL’s comprehensive fraud program
- Maintaining LPL’s Fraud Playbook
- Enhancing an enterprise fraud risk program
- Leading LPL’s Fraud Operations team
- In conjunction with Service, Trading and Operations, developing targeted fraud prevention and detection training
- Developing oversight monitoring processes
- Developing target state reporting to increase awareness of fraud risk trends
- Applying subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud operations policies and strategies
- Engaging with key internal partners on various relevant risk mitigation activities and initiatives
- Must be able to effectively provide updates and communicate key initiatives to senior management
- Manage potential and actual fraud escalations based on MMT requests, as well as escalations received within Cash Management and internal partners (Legal, GRC, Service) with the intent of preventing fraud for review and inquiry
- Review of post-fraud escalations from FCC including subsequent actions (SPAD notes, BORD restrictions, recall of funds, identification of related accounts)
- Fraud reporting development, issuance and fraud trending analysis. Fraud reports include but are not limited to repeat NIGOs, UMB Fraud Losses, address changes & related disbursement requests and transactional history)
- Development and maintenance of enhance fraud policies and procedures
- Development of client activity trends (dollar thresholds, locations) to ignite client alerts
- Training to Service, Trading, and Operations organizations of how to identify fraudulent documentation and disbursement requests
- Continuous relationship building with internal partners throughout LPL
- Monitoring and keeping abreast of current fraudulent trends in the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required
- 5+ years of Fraud experience required
- 5+ years of Management experience required
- Risk management experience preferred
- CFE and CAMS preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communicator with strong written and spoken communication skills
- Proven ability to manage, lead and motivate teams of varying experience, knowledge and skill sets
- Self-starter; must be a thought-leader, strategic thinker, and independent decision-maker
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of data analytics
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable analytic, problem solving, and leadership skills
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (preferably AML / Fraud)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Assist Analysts with escalating potential risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
- Able to adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and quality assurance
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize volumes of complex information and distill it into varying degrees of detail for various audiences, including senior management of the Firm
- Ability to prioritize key deliverables, multi-task and work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office tools
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.