AVP, HNW ConsultantApply Job ID: R-022397 Date posted: 04/13/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Assistant Vice President, Private Client
Provide sales and marketing support to LPL Financial advisors serving high-net-worth individuals, families, and Institutional clients. This is achieved by educating financial advisors on the unique needs of this client demographic including sophisticated investment solutions, advanced financial and estate planning, concentrated equity positions, executive compensation arrangements, investment real estate, advanced insurance planning, business exit planning, and philanthropic planning.
Further, on a tactical level, the Assistant Vice President, Private Client provides consultative service on individual client cases from initial strategy development, to the proposal stage, and through the final client presentation.
Assistant Vice President, Private Client must demonstrate a high-level of professionalism and multidisciplinary knowledge in order to be an effective and trusted consultant for financial advisors.
- Case Consultations - Required to consult with financial advisors on new sales opportunities, which are escalated from various departments at LPL Financial. This involves performing a detailed needs analysis of the prospect through analyzing existing account statements and performance reports, determining appropriate risk tolerance, identifying estate and trust planning needs and understanding short and long-term goals for assets.
- Strategy Collaboration – Must be effective in collaborating with internal LPL Financial subject matter experts while respecting existing relationships. These existing client relationships include tax, legal, insurance and real estate professionals.
- Proposal Creation – Provides options for consideration relative to asset allocations and/or manager selections as well as product solutions including managed accounts and alternative investments. These proposals are prepared by the Assistant Vice President, High-Net-Worth Consulting in various tools such as Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, Investor Presentation & Proposal Tool, Portfolio Review Tool, WealthVision/eMoney Advisor, Crescendo, and Microsoft Visio.
- Institutional Clients - Assistant Vice President, Private Client must be able to complete case analyses within the context of a Request for Proposal (RFP), which is a customized and detailed questionnaire supplied by an institution.
- Training and Education - Required to train advisors on the various needs of individual and institutional clients as described above as well as the features and functionality of the LPL Financial Advisory platforms. Additional guidance must be given around practice management, positioning of firm identity, economics, and portfolio construction considerations. Candidate must possess the ability to articulate market and economic impacts as well as technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
- Marketing - Must be able to assist in the creation of marketing materials for the Private Client team which articulates the value proposition of the team. These marketing efforts include, but are not limited to writing articles for various LPL publications, writing copy for brochures and creating client facing materials such as fact finders.
- Opportunity Tracking and Reporting - Must be able to manage opportunity-tracking database and manipulate the data for various levels of sales reporting.
- Bachelors degree with a focus in business/finance/economics
- Minimum of 10 years experience with a focus in advisory and fee based platforms, advanced financial and estate planning, and institutional client needs
- Series 7 and 65 or 66 required
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation required
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) and Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) preferred.
- 5% Travel expected to regional, national, and advisor events/offices for consultation support and training.
- Position interacts primarily with LPL financial advisors and with colleagues within Advisory & Brokerage, LPL Research, Financial Planning, Private Trust Company, Fixed Income, Insurance, BTS, and LPL Marketing.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, creative problem-solving, effective decision making, ability to diffuse tense situations, ability to multi-task, good follow-up skills, upbeat and outgoing personality. Also critical to have polished presentation skills and ability to interact with sophisticated clients and advisors.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.