AVP, Home Office Development ManagerApply Job ID: R-006468 Date posted: 04/23/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Home Office Technologies is responsible for the support, engineering, and strategy for the applications that our internal employees use to better serve our Advisors and Investors. Simply put, our goal is to provide a modern environment that is reliable, simple to use, and flexible to individual workstyles.
At LPL, Development Managers are key members of our team and their role is vital to our success. They are responsible for the quality of the product, from code architecture to end-user experience quality. They engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of the product, and because they're so close to the team, they are influential in the technology choices and the estimation process each product effort.
Our Development Managers also act as a partner and mentor because they are adept at the fundamentals of management: one-on-one meetings, giving feedback, and coaching. Successful Development Managers at LPL mentor their team to bring greatness to the table through ideas, code, creativity, and culture. At times, the team will struggle with decisions and adept development managers know when to intervene, or let the team continue to struggle in order to learn.
- Responsible for effective and timely development of new and/or enhanced systems/technologies.
- Monitors all aspects of the Software Development Life-cycle and Production Support service levels. Ensures high level technical support is provided.
- Works closely with customers, other IT managers, and management to identify and maximize opportunities to use technology to improve business processes.
- Prepares business cases, including financial analyses of potential new technologies/systems/applications. Evaluates based on company strategic needs and resource availability.
- Oversees business analysis, development work and quality assurance of projects for assigned systems/technologies.
- Collaborates effectively at all levels to prepare strategic plans. Ensures system requests tie into objectives of the company strategy map and budgets.
- Contributes to the development of information technology development standards, policies, processes and procedures to ensure consistent compatibility and integration throughout the company.
- Continuously reviews the technology needs of supported business functions/processes relative to new technological developments and trends. Keeps abreast of the industry and emerging technology
- Participates in vendor/strategic partner evaluations and monitors the relationship on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares/manages product budget: operational/capital expenditures, contract negotiations and invoice processing
- Leads and manages team to accomplish objectives through effective recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management and rewards & recognition.
- 5+ years of applicable professional work experience required
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master is required.
- Broad knowledge of software development techniques, processes, methods and best practices. Proficiency with various programming languages used, preferably .NET
- Knowledge of application test automation products, processes, and best practices
- Strong understanding of Agile development methods and its application to company technology needs.
- Adept at navigating ambiguity to drive successful outcomes.
- Strong strategic decision making & long term planning abilities to manage resources and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead and motivate team and effectively collaborate with senior management.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading an Agile based development team.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.