AVP, IIS Cash and Banking SolutionsApply Job ID: R-007107 Date posted: 07/23/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. The focus of this role will be executing on a variety of initiatives that support our strategic product roadmap. This is a fluid product management team focused on building efficiency, being accountable and executing outcomes cross functionally. Individuals in this role must have a full understanding of, and ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The teams’ goal is to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance the capabilities we offer our advisors and execute with excellence.
The Assistant Vice President of Cash and Banking Solutions is responsible for managing and further developing LPL’s cash management account and banking programs. This individual will lead strategically by growing and executing on one of our firm’s top priorities with the ability to interact and demonstrate business acumen and present to the highest level s of senior leadership.. This individual will oversee a comprehensive lineup of services, including FDIC-insured bank deposit sweep programs, securities backed line of credit programs, and checking services. This individual will also develop and manage strategic partnerships with banks and other financial services providers to deliver additional products and services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Product Management ownership leading significant opportunities to define and execute on a roadmap for a competitive cash management account program
- Develop the journey maps for new clients and existing clients and identify areas of technology integration to create a better client experience
- Manage bank deposit sweep and collateralized lending programs, including developing and managing bank and key partner relationships.
- Oversee workflows and technical requirements to develop a competitive product and ability to drive the pathway for marketing our capabilities
- This role will be responsible for coordinating across the organization, developing a product roadmap, and driving adoption and customer satisfaction
- Driving higher advisor promotion and higher investor usage of CMA features through both competitive product features and marketing campaigns to educate advisors on benefits of CMA
- Collaboration with internal business partners, including client-facing teams, finance, and operations, to deliver best-in-class product solutions, while achieving revenue targets.
- Define and implement strategic profit and growth roadmaps for assigned products.
- Provide thought leadership on a wide range of subjects related to cash and banking services, including regulatory matters, market trends and the competitive landscape.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 7+ years related experience in the Banking/Brokerage industry; with a strong understanding of bank deposit and cash programs
- Ability to conduct research including reaching out to advisors to understand how clients use the product, value it brings to their practice and areas of improvement for the product offering
- Experience managing an end to end product lifecycle including the ability to lead and enhance the technology side of the product offering by improving features and user experience to increase activity
- Previous experience with Relationship management, vendor evaluation and RFPs
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with all levels of professionals in a results-oriented, fast-paced and growing environment
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape with regard to sweeps and bank products
- High level of intellectual curiosity and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels within an organization
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- College degree required, MBA, CFA , PMP or advanced degree a plus Series 7 and 66 preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.