AVP, IIS Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-008800 Date posted: 02/05/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a leader to drive the management and execution of key business growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape and understand the needs of our advisors and be comfortable driving outcomes across broad cross functional teams
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions and platform capabilities in order to drive key customer experiences and our ability to expand distribution by ensuring financial advisors can do business based on their affiliation model and financial practice needs.
This role is focused on the execution of our strategic roadmap to positioning our business model across the entire wealth management market. This position will be focused on driving forward initiatives around pricing and platform enhancements, custodial capabilities, cash and banking capabilities, advisor on boarding while working to solve prioritization, sequencing and resourcing needs.
- Drive collaboration and document solutions with internal business partners to ensure our goals and objectives are moving forward according to tight time frames and that program launches meets all regulatory, legal and compliance requirements
- Outline, deliver and execute on competitive initiatives that enable LPL to extend our industry capabilities
- Continue to enhance workflow efficiencies and procedures for LPL’s advisor support models of recruiting, on boarding and operating platform success
- Gather recommendations from feedback from advisors, stakeholders and key internal partners
- Support the management team in providing high quality executive level updates
- Strong capability to drive projects, initiatives, decisions and tasks forward
- Works with a diverse group of cross-functional teams in a process-driven manner to ensure creative and continuous improvements with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business
- Passion for optimizing the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to collaboration and execute
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 4-7+ years of experience in product management related roles with a broker dealer, custodian, RIA, investment, wealth management or financial services firm
- Experience in project management, six sigma, product life cycles, and/or composing technical business requirement documents are favorable
- Compliance experience, FINRA Licenses or industry designations preferred
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
- Experience in authoring, reviewing and managing Business Requirements Documents and other critical documents in the SDLC process
- Leadership and team change management experience
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serves as the recognized subject matter expert
- Demonstrated ability to interact and demonstrate business acumen with senior leaders, including developing, presenting and gaining approval on any business cases and funding requests needed to further drive the execution of the Advisor Reporting roadmap
Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.