AVP, Independent Advisor InstituteApply Job ID: R-005042 Date posted: 11/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The purpose of the Independent Advisor Institute (IAI) is to create a world-class training program to welcome new advisors into the financial services industry. Partnering with our existing independent advisors looking to grow their practice, we will help source new advisors, prepare them to pass the licensing exams, and develop them into productive members of their local firm. Our vision is to welcome 200-plus new advisors a year by 2021.
The LPL Independent Advisor Institute will give participants an opportunity to jumpstart their career into the financial services industry. The program will consist of training, mentorship, and peer-to-peer interactions designed to position the new advisors for success.
As an Assistant Vice President on the IAI team you will be tasked with the sourcing of our experienced advisors, managing the relationships that drive our new advisor candidate pool, and program communication. The success of securing experience advisors to participate in the IAI program is a critical component of success. You will be required to promote and obtain commitments from experienced advisors to participate in the program via a variety of methods. You will also need to be adept in identifying, initiating, and maintaining relationships with organizations that can provide quality candidates for the new advisor role. Important to both of those tasks is the ability to clearly and effectively communicate the details of the program, how it works, and benefits of participating to both internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly skilled in sales, has experience as an advisor, and has a strategic mindset. The position is based in San Diego, CA and will require periodic travel.
- Using a variety of methods promote the IAI program to clients
- Manage the pipeline of clients from interest to commitment
- Consistently meet or exceed the target level of commitments
- Collaborate internally across departments to ensure all functions work smoothly
- Uncover and implement opportunities that make the program run smoothly while increasing the value experience for the end users
- Leverage technology opportunities to achieve program objectives
- Prepare and deliver Power Point presentations
- Travel as needed and directed to achieve program outcomes
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Coordinate and manage the marketing and social media platforms related to the program
- Help identify opportunities to scale the program to achieve its three year vision
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong sales skills with a bias towards action
- Intellectually curious and strong strategic competencies
- Strong, creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, or a related field
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.