AVP, Information SecurityApply Job ID: R-007549 Date posted: 09/02/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
An Associate Vice President (AVP) on the Business Information Security (BIS) team reports to the Information Security and Technology Risk department. In this role, you will be supporting a Technology team to develop a deep understanding of their organization in order to have specialized cyber security risk-based discussions. This relationship will ensure a focus on the correct risk priorities, provide guidance on information security policies and controls, audits, regulations and input on new development. The individual will work to ensure Information Security risks are proactively managed, effectively controlled and/or remediated.
- Builds relationships and engages frequently with technology leaders
- Maintains a positive relationship with auditors
- Develops and tracks security metrics for assigned technology team
- Promotes awareness of current policies and standards, as well as revisions and developments; provide consistent interpretation of policy
- Actively engages with senior leaders to address, identify and/or escalate security concerns and emerging risks
- Identifies key risks to applications and understand risk tolerance in order to identify solutions and provide guidance
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to policy
- Interfaces with the designated technology team on inquiries and security audit reviews; outlines information security standards including creating a process to streamline information security reviews
- Provide guidance preparing for audits, support the resolution of audit findings and ensuring closure
- Assist with preparation, coordination and execution for compliance testing, internal/external audits and regulatory action items through meeting attendance, information gathering and issue follow-up
- Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, and industry standards related to IT risk, privacy, and information security
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years or more of experience in information security, technology risk or audit related role
- CRISC, CISA, CISM or CISSP certification, a plus
- Advanced skills with MS-Windows and other related PC applications
- Project management experience highly desired
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Good listening, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Financial services industry experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.