AVP - Innovation InsightsApply Job ID: R-002362 Date posted: 03/09/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The AVP, Innovation Insights will be part of an entrepreneurial, high-performing team that is building out LPL’s human intelligence and client insights capabilities. Identifying innovative solutions and strategic growth opportunities for LPL are considered critical elements of business success. The AVP, Innovation Insights will contribute to the development of an improved client insights program by serving as a key partner to Innovation, Strategy and other cross-functional partners; and by providing advanced insights support and strong thought-leadership throughout the innovation and strategic planning process. Deep knowledge and breadth of experience in consumer insights, application of diverse methodologies, survey design and project execution will enable client-centric prioritization of viable growth opportunities. Experience working in teams focused on design thinking, iterative development and sprint-paced execution will prove valuable for helping move ideas from concept to successful launch.
The successful candidate will have a passion, curiosity and empathy for our clients, a strong desire to continually improve the world around them, and a successful track record of working in collaborative, high-performing teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help rapidly build out LPL’s center of excellence for innovation research, including best practices, new capabilities and scalable tools for iterative design testing
- Assist in building insights innovation capabilities, identifying innovative research partners and facilitating the internal adoption of evolving and emerging research methods
- Develop strong relationships and consult with internal innovation and strategy business partners to understand priorities and develop research plans to effectively address their needs
- Provide thought leadership within cross-functional teams responsible for guiding concepts through the innovation process, considering strategic, consumer, technical and business viability
- Ensure insights are clearly articulated for innovation opportunities and business recommendations stay true to the core insight
- Partner with the Innovation Lab to design, resource and execute iterative learning plans to validate concepts that deliver on key client needs, align to LPL’s strategy, and inform concepts expansion and investment decisions
- Identify and monitor success metrics that support overall business growth and profitability
- Represent the voice of the client to the business to inform strategic decision making
- Collaborate with internal partners to share ideas, best practices and promote collective thinking
- Understanding of how client insights drive the development of effective innovation concepts
- Knowledge of client research best practices, including problem formulation, research design, research execution, analysis/interpretation, and compelling communication of results to enable focused action
- Ability to translate research findings into business insights and to communicate them in a way that is clear, meaningful and actionable for senior management
- Experience collaborating with individuals across functional areas (technical and non-technical)
- Strong ability to formally and informally lead/influence across functional teams
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships and interact effectively with business partners at all levels
- Analytical mindset, understanding of the importance of data-driven decision-making, and skillset to accomplish data-driven goals
- Proven ability to independently and efficiently manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience; MBA or other relevant advanced degree a plus
- Experience launching multiple new products and/or services, including at least one major product from inception to launch
- Experience in fields such as design research, ideation or innovation planning
- Good ability to balance rigor/process with nimbleness/creativity
- Persists despite set-backs and the ability to change course quickly when something isn’t working
- Comfortable with ambiguity, risk and excitement about envisioning the future
- Demonstrated storytelling skills to bring client and business opportunities to life
- Have a point-of-view, but able move forward together with a plan that best serves the interests of the business
- Proactive and action oriented, with the willingness to anticipate needs and take the initiative
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Retail financial advice industry experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.