AVP, Internal Consulting (Insurance Manager)Apply Job ID: R-010483 Date posted: 09/01/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Have you led a life insurance sales desk or wholesaled life insurance to financial advisors?
Do you have a passion for leading & coaching a results-oriented, client-facing sales team?
Do you desire to expand your career, lead change, and partner with senior leadership to drive strategy and execution?
Do you believe that life insurance planning is a core foundation of financial planning, and have experience helping financial advisors drive growth in their practice?
Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a desire to help customers by making it easy to do business with us? If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a great team as an Assistant Vice President, Internal Consulting (Insurance Manager).
At LPL Financial, we care about our advisors! LPL Insurance Associates is looking for a manager to lead our insurance consulting team to drive growth for our affiliated advisors. LPL Insurance Associates is a brokerage general agency offering life, long-term care, and disability insurance products through the LPL advisor network. The insurance consulting team works both proactively and reactively helping financial advisors offer insurance products to their clients and prospects. This team provides case design support, illustration preparation, and product recommendations.
What will you do?
- Manage our insurance sales desk, a team of insurance sales consultants that assist LPL Financial advisors in offering life, long-term care, and disability insurance products to their clients
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the insurance team to drive growth for the agency
- Develop strategy and execution plans in partnership with sales leadership, carrier partners, and LPL advisors
- Maintain staffing levels and service level agreements to manage the workflow and activity
- Develop and deploy sales marketing and campaign initiatives to drive desired production outcomes
- Participate on the LPL Insurance Associates management team to lead the strategic direction of our insurance business
- Build and maintain relationships with our carrier partners
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor's degree required and 5 to 10+ years of experience in the financial services/insurance industry
- Required licenses: FINRA Series 6 and/or 7, and a state life/health license
- Insurance Wholesaling / Brokerage General Agency (BGA) experience is required; additionally, prior Sales Management experience is strongly preferred
- Preferred designations: Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and/or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and extremely organized
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.