AVP, Knowledge ManagementApply Job ID: R-023448 Date posted: 05/23/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
Do you have a successful track record in knowledge management and prior experience coaching, managing, and/or leading a team? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The AVP, Knowledge Management is responsible for transforming the customer service experience through the oversight of all knowledge-related activities, including the management, capturing, sharing and accessibility of knowledge assets for employees and advisors. Manage the knowledge management team, performance, coaching, and development.
- Work with business partners across the firm to create, refine, and deliver knowledge content through knowledge management system
- Utilize data and analytics to identify gaps in knowledge, optimize usage, and monitor progress of knowledge management strategy
- Manage projects and execute on deliverables as needed to meet firm objectives
- Implement and manage a feedback loop with business partners to consistently improve the experience
- Collect and report on article creation, aging, and quality data
- Creates a team environment that encourages and inspires sharing of best practices and seeks new ideas
- Works closely with team members to create meaningful goals and provide feedback to facilitate higher levels of performance and support employee career development
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Experience in knowledge development and management, including industry analysis, market or business practice research, or consulting practice management would be highly desirable
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a knowledge manager or related field (technical writer, internal communications, or content management)
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience.
- Self-motivated, results orientated, resilient approach to work and ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional data management skills, including experience with the following:
- Navigating a complex data environment
- Identifying, extracting, integrating and working with data from multiple systems
- Using a thorough, detailed approach to ensure the highest level of data accuracy
- Sharp analytical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity. Ability to find creative solutions for project execution and data challenges
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including demonstrated ability to tactfully interact with business partners at all levels
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Proven ability to lead, develop and coach professionals while possessing strong mentoring and employee development skills.
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.