AVP M&A ConsultingApply Job ID: R-018203 Date posted: 10/08/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
AVP Consultant – M&A Consulting
Do you have a passion for M&A and the ability to positively impact and advisors exit or growth strategy? If so, then LPLs M&A Solutions may have the job for you. As a Consultant on LPLs M&A Solutions team you will have the opportunity to assist buyers with the advocacy they need to execute the transaction on their own terms, from valuing a practice to deal structure and end to end operational support, you and your team will provide the consulting and guidance that will enhance the advisor experience and provide the desired arrangement for both parties.
- Lead buyer consulting engagements with the ability to implement clear and concise strategies for execution
- Understand M&A deal structures to provide guidance in negotiations and ensure your party is represented fairly and remains competitive
- Support Buy-side and Advisor M&A Team with valuations, Pitchbooks, Confidential Information Memorandums, and complex deal structures
- Managing accountability of task assignments and targeted completion dates throughout the Buy-side process
- Utilize internal resources to ensure milestones are completed and advisor expectations are met
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions specifically around valuations and integration
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Involved with sourcing of sellers for a live deal; ability to strongly and concisely discuss live deal and M&A process with advisors
We are looking for candidates that have the ability to work comfortably in a face paced environment and feel empowered to present new ideas as we expand and iterate on our product offerings.
- Sales and/or consulting experience required
- Experience structuring strategic financial transactions (M&A, capital raising, etc.)
- Proven ability to motivate and lead an expanding team
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of business valuations and financial concepts preferred
- Excellent analytical skills; can consume data and manipulate to draw conclusions
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-driven individual with high level of motivation
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- 3-5 years of sales consulting; business development; and/or origination experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.