AVP, Managed Account Service / OPMG TradingApply Job ID: R-002698 Date posted: 04/11/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The AVP of the Overlay Portfolio Management Group is responsible for the management of the day-to-day call center support of LPL Financial's Centrally Managed Platforms, which includes a Unified Managed Account (UMA) platform and MF/ETF wrap platforms. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that Service team operates within set policies and procedures and upholds all responsibilities. In addition, working within a team-oriented environment, the AVP will assume a strong leadership role with respect to identifying opportunities for improvements in order to enhance productivity, reduce risk, increase employee or customer satisfaction, and manage a team of employees. Must have a strong Finance background and be able to work in a fast-paced environment under rigorous time pressures.
(1) Oversees daily calls & operations process with a focus on increasing efficiencies, reducing risk, and delivering exceptional service to advisors and other internal business partners.
(2) Utilizes their expertise in OPM processes and system applications to identify innovative solutions and opportunities to add value.
(3) Analyzes, interprets, and effectively communicates trends in platform activity; recommends and implements improvements based on findings.
(4) Provides support and coaching for employees and shows strong commitment to helping them grow and be successful. Committed to engaging employees and providing a positive, enjoyable, and challenging work environment. Responsible for the hiring process of new employees.
(5) Escalation point for all daily account management issues and critical system outages.
(1) Partners with LPL Financial's Research, Advisory Consulting, Product and Business Management, Technology and Operations groups to ensure proper communication and smooth workflows.
(2) Ensures proper communication and streamlined workflows are in place with internal and/ or external investment managers and strategists.
(3) Assists in contingency planning and ensures team meets BCP requirements.
(4) Coordinate streamlined communication and workflows between OPMG and external customers.
(5) Lead development of new platforms and onboarding of new external clients.
(6) Drive system wide technology improvements with external vendors and BTS.
(7) Escalation point for all daily account management issues and critical system outages.
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Licenses: Series 7, 63, 24 (must be acquired within 1 year of hire)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.