AVP of AccountingApply Job ID: R-023491 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in collaborating on meaningful projects? Are you looking to leave public accounting or continue your career in an exciting and growing company? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Assistant Vice President of Accounting Policy will work with the Vice President of Accounting Policy, business partners in finance, accounting and external reporting, and stakeholders across the company to support the accounting for complex and non-routine transactions, enhance and maintain the Company’s significant accounting policies, and create technical capacity in support of high-quality external disclosures as the Company’s size, scope, and complexity increases.
- Perform and/or provide assistance in the research and preparation of technical accounting memos for non-routine and complex transactions, including business combinations and asset acquisitions, and routine assessments including impairment analysis.
- Enhance and maintain the Company’s significant accounting policies to reflect changes due to new transactions, changes in the business, or standards issued from the FASB
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies (i.e., SEC, FASB), and work closely with members of Finance to assess the impact to the Company, ensure awareness of transactions and accounting impacts
- Work closely with Financial Reporting to support accounting for equity compensation payments including restricted stock awards, restricted stock units, ESPP, and performance based awards, and earnings per share
- Work closely with Investor Relations, Financial Reporting and FP&A in the preparation, review and validation of earnings releases, investor presentations, SEC filings, monthly and quarterly key metric disclosures, and other externally reported presentations with a view on compliance with Company policy and GAAP.
- Participate in the successful execution of SOX and regulatory controls
- Provide guidance to various groups, primarily within Finance, on the proper accounting for new business transactions, and partner with groups to develop policy on new or modified process.
- Serve as subject matter expert and communicate complex results in a clear and concise manner.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Accounting Policy, Financial/SEC Reporting or public accounting with an understanding of internal controls and proper supporting documentation
- CPA license required
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ outside in thinking by leveraging best practices into new environments
- Proven ability to document complex accounting conclusions and communicate to impacted stakeholders
- Strong accounting and reporting background
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent organizational skills & time management
- Problem solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.