AVP Platform ManagerApply Job ID: R-007042 Date posted: 08/28/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Product Owner works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the Agile development team. The Product Owner possesses an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the product.
Liaison & Communication
- Ably represents, interfaces with and engages the business user.
- Acts as a fully integrated team member with the Agile/Scrum development team.
- Uses clear goals to communicate the project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the team understands and is equipped to realize it.
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood.
- Communicates status outside the team.
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback to the development team for iterative improvements.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develops and maintains standards for testing and progress visibility.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
- Is always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities.
- Steers the product to ensure delivery of business value.
- Is visible, vocal, and objective.
- BS/BA Degree
- 5-10 years Financial services experience (Preferred)
- 5+ years of product management experience as an Agile Product Owner
- Product Owner certification highly desired
- A proven track record of delivering in Agile software development methodologies
- An innovative thinker and expert problem solver
- Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
- Expertise in User Story Writing, Backlog Management, and Requirements Modeling or UML
- Experience with MS Office - Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio in particular
- Experience with TFS, JIRA, Aha, PlanView and Quality Center
- Experience with SQL highly desired
- Experience in user experience for complex web applications
- Solid working experience of implementing complex product features on existing software platforms
- A proven track record of delivering in Scrum and Scaled Agile (SAFe) methodologies
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.