AVP, Product Launch CommunicationsApply Job ID: R-005792 Date posted: 03/04/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Assistant Vice President role will join the Product Launch team, reporting to the Vice President within Product Management of the Investment and Investor Solutions (IIS) group at LPL Financial.
This position requires a combination of strong communication skills and ability to manage projects. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex business problems. This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders and executives across multiple business areas in the firm to:
- Manage the product launch strategy to a set of defined standards for each product rollout to multiple target audience groups: clients, internal employees and/or investors
- Actively participate in prioritization and management of the creation of required assets including FAQ, How To Guides, Internal and External talking points, creative assets and training sessions
- Provide thought-leadership analysis to continuously improve the product launch experience for target audiences
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of communication principles, be capable of concise oral and written communication and possess well-developed strategic and problem-solving skills. The role will be responsible for supporting our growing focus on product rollout management and business readiness, working with cross-functional teams to guide products from inception to launch.
The new team member’s responsibilities include:
- Working closely with cross-functional team to evaluate the level of change management involved with each product launch
- Identifying which stakeholders to engage for each product launch and work with them to create the needed collateral such as talking points, FAQ and training materials
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative team
- Achieve alignment by communicating decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Creating presentations and updates on project status and strategy
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Providing research, analysis, project management and project support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to work directly with clients as well as to present materials to the highest levels in the organization
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Entrepreneurial perspective, self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Background in communications, marketing, product management, client-facing experience and/or financial services a plus
- 5-7 years professional experience, BA/MBA degree preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.