AVP, Product Management, Investor & Investment SolutionsApply Job ID: R-008613 Date posted: 01/15/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
IIS AVP, Product Manager
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a product leader to drive the management and execution of key advisor-facing experiences with a customer centered focus. This role must exude a passion for product management in a manner that results in the utmost satisfaction of our Advisors and their clients. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of our advisors and be comfortable driving outcomes across broad cross functional teams.
This role will be required to leverage their knowledge and skill set to work with our advisors and internal teams to deliver the technology and workflows that enable LPL to continuously improve our advisors’ experience while providing best-in-class tools to manage their business. Collaboration with internal business partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that delights our clients, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Candidates for this role must have experience and knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably within a broker-dealer, bank or investment management capacity. The role will need to be able to understand the advisor’s business in order to create and deliver capabilities that meet their needs.
- A foundational understanding of product management and foundational models to influence and drive key outcomes relative to our strategic vision. This role must have a firm understanding of the problems we are solving and the ability to partner with UI/UX and research partners to ensure we are building the right experiences for our users.
- Drives the creation, prioritization and maintenance of the product and portfolio roadmaps across key areas of our advisor’s workstation. This role requires strong communication skills to ensure the vision for the products we build are clear across key business units within the organization.
- Works with a diverse group of cross-functional teams in a process-driven manner to ensure creative and continuous improvements – with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business
- Drive insights and practical recommendations from feedback from advisors, internal stakeholders and key partners across the enterprise
- Provide executive level updates, improvement recommendations and enable the development of new growth opportunities
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to influence others to share this vision, collaborate and execute.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 4-7+ years of experience in product management related roles with a broker dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm
- Experience in authoring, reviewing and managing Business Requirements Documents and other critical documents in the SDLC process
- Leadership and team change management experience
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serves as the recognized subject matter expert
- Demonstrated ability to interact and demonstrate business acumen with senior leaders, including developing, presenting and gaining approval on any business cases and funding requests needed to further drive the execution of the Advisor Reporting roadmap
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
- Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within position scope and at the company
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.