AVP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-018146 Date posted: 10/07/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , SC-Fort Mill
LPL's Advisor Solutions group is seeking a passionate and driven Product Manager to own key parts of the advisor onboarding experience in LPL's advisor platform, ClientWorks. The ideal candidate is one who can understand the process and pain points an advisor and their clients/members experience when joining LPL. They'll use that knowledge to build and execute on a roadmap to make that experience simpler, faster and more automated.
- Develop a deep understanding of the onboarding process through stakeholder interviews with advisors, admins, and the numerous internal teams that support related workflows
- Define the roadmap of epics and features that achieve the Objectives and Key Results which measure how successful we are in improving the advisor onboarding experience
- Work with our product owners and UI/UX team members to ensure that we have a well-defined backlog of features and user stories for each Product Increment
- Oversee release readiness by ensuring that relevant advisor-facing teams such as marketing, learning & development, service are prepared to support enhancements as they are released to our users
What We’re Looking For
Our product is continuing to evolve along with the needs of our users. To ensure that the person we hire is successful in this role, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years professional experience as a product manager, product owner or equivalent role as part of an agile team developing software for end-users
- A strong sense of empathy for the user journey and a passion for delivering outcomes that continuously improve that experience
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral – with the ability to present materials to senior leadership, technical audiences and operational audiences
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous efforts spanning multiple projects and stakeholders
Preferred experience includes:
- Background in a client-facing role and/or the financial services industry
- Experience working with or managing new account workflows
- Agile and/or SAFe trainings and certifications
- Knowledge of UI/UX fundamental principles
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.