AVP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-010407 Date posted: 07/24/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its project management team focused on the execution of LPL’s advisor and internal-facing investment products, platforms as well as technology tools and capabilities. The Assistant Vice President, Project Management role will be a member of the IIS business unit.
The role will be responsible for supporting and leading projects within IIS and should work with all levels of staff cross-functionally including Technology, Operations and Service, Trading, , Compliance, Legal, Product and Platform.
The incumbent will manage some projects including writing business requirements, building SDLC artifacts, assembling analytics and metrics, leading UAT efforts and creating reporting in support of the project and sr. management.
The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal skills, highly analytical, and a commitment to client satisfaction and success. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast paced environment with challenging deadlines and multiple priorities and ideally will have experience with AGILE delivery and be technically savvy. This person will be expected to contribute ideas and support the execution of both tactical and strategic plans.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Synthesize project meeting discussions. Develop and ensure adherence to templates and standards, including weekly status reports and meeting agendas, protocols and project plans.
- Establish and cultivate trust and confidence with internal project teams and clients. Be relentless to drive program execution to desired outcomes.
- Support and build full scale, integrated project plans. Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables including business requirements, metrics, and readiness.
- Manage project budget and timelines.
- Track project deliverables. Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders. Create and present reports defining project progress, risks/issues and solutions and communicate status to all levels of senior management on a regular basis.
- Accountable for work product and flexible in a changing environment and priorities.
- BA or BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in product development or project management. Background in financial services a plus.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, analytical skills and the ability to construct and present materials to senior leadership.
- Ability to operate effectively with cross-functional teams, frame complex issues and drive results independently.
- Ability to manage a project from start to completion.
- Proven ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work in a complex fast-paced environment to ensure quality of work product
- Willingness to travel 10% to meet with clients as well as meet with internal teams in our multiple offices
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project; SQL DB a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.