AVP, Product Management
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The new Advisor Solutions organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring an Assistant Vice President to join a team responsible for helping to drive new solutions to our clients. This role must have a passion for helping our advisors and a willingness to do what’s needed across a variety of functions and products. You will work closely with technology, marketing, research, design, consultants and leaders to drive the best product outcomes for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of both our advisors and LPL employees, and be comfortable working independently to driving outcomes across broad cross-functional teams. An ideal candidate will need to gain a full understanding of what our clients need and work on solutions to govern all aspects of the solution including data, experience, compliance, legal, support and ad hoc needs. This role will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, and product management skillsets to support our products as we continue to grow our client base. We are shaping and end-to-end business friendly experience for our clients that meets their growing needs in an adaptable and technical proficient means.
- 20% Strategic, 80% Execution
- Work closely with business and technical partners to align goals and priorities, including providing vision for the agile teams as well as creating and prioritizing the roadmap and backlog.
- Assisting with analysis, user stories , use cases, communications, training and testing
- Provide leadership to across cross functional teams to prioritize and bring working solutions to our clients in a timely and cost effective manner
- Consult and support our end clients directly as a trusted partner to their business
- Contributing to and maintaining a positive team culture that values high performance, collaboration, and transparency
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product, technology, or data related roles within a financial services or related fintech firm
- Analytical skills with experience in various databases and applications
- Data specific background with analytics skills in Excel, SQL, Tableau, and various data analytics and reporting functions
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively in a group and independently
- Must be able to take initiative and “make things happen” with timelines and deadlines, self-starter and independent contributor
- Good understanding of use cases development, articulation of user needs.
- Must have experience driving product from lab to market.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations
- Experience in agile methodology preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, process and organization
- Positive, flexible person with the ability to work in a changing environment, identify and manage priorities
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.