AVP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-000782 Date posted: 10/16/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
As Technology Product Manager in the Investment Delivery Office, you bridge the gap between the product/platform team vision for the investment product and the technology/solution delivery teams in BTS. You will guide a team that is charged with technology product leadership and delivery of solutions, on time and budget for your assigned category. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must balance the pragmatism of delivery with the competing priorities of the business and technology teams you partner with. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with a product/platform counterpart that will frame the business need. You will understand the industry, our competitors and how they use technology to solve the problems contained in your product category.
- Provide input into the investment/platform team vision to give context on competitors, scale and complexity of proposed solutions.
- Specifying technology requirements for current and future products/platforms by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Provide clarity of vision and guardrails for project scope and a rational breakdown of the solution based on priority.
- Provide leadership to draft or coordinate the writing of business requirements for assigned projects.
- Drive projects to ensure delivery of functionality on time and budget.
- Market Identification: Competitive Analysis, Market Analysis, SWOT Analysis
- Industry Expertise: Know the business process and technology solutions for your area.
- Executive Level Communication
- Leadership through persuasion and helping to provide a pragmatic framing of the problem and possible solutions
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.