AVP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-004322 Date posted: 08/31/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
AVP, IIS PMO, Location Open
Description of role:
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its project management team focused on the execution of LPL’s advisor and internal-facing investment products, platforms as well as technology tools and capabilities. The Assistant Vice President, Project Management role will be a member of the IIS business unit.
The role will be responsible for supporting and leading projects within IIS and should work with all levels of staff cross-functionally including Technology, Operations and Service, Trading, , Compliance, Legal, Product and Platform.
The incumbent will manage some projects including writing business requirements, building SDLC artifacts, assembling analytics and metrics, leading UAT efforts and creating reporting in support of the project and sr. management.
The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal skills, highly analytical, and a commitment to client satisfaction and success. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast paced environment with challenging deadlines and multiple priorities and ideally will have experience with AGILE and technically savvy. This person will be expected to contribute ideas and support the execution of both tactical and strategic plans.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Synthesize project meeting discussions. Develop and ensure adherence to templates and standards, including weekly status reports and meeting agendas, protocols and project plans.
- Establish and cultivate trust and confidence with internal project teams and clients. Be relentless to drive program execution to desired outcomes.
- Support and build full scale, integrated project plans. Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables including business requirements, metrics, and readiness.
- Manage project budget and timelines.
- Track project deliverables. Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders. Create and present reports defining project progress, risks/issues and solutions and communicate status to all levels of senior management on a regular basis.
- Accountable for work product and flexible in a changing environment and priorities.
- BA or BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in product development or project management. Background in financial services a plus.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, analytical skills and the ability to construct and present materials to senior leadership.
- Ability to operate effectively with cross-functional teams, frame complex issues and drive results independently.
- Ability to manage a project from start to completion.
- Proven ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Self-starter with ability to work in a complex fast-paced environment to ensure quality of work product
- Willingness to travel 10% to meet with clients as well as meet with internal teams in our multiple offices
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project; SQL DB a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.