AVP, Product Owner
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Data Product Manager within LPL’s Enterprise Data & Analytics group. As a trusted business partner, you will drive outcomes, lead cross-functional teams, and contribute to the deep and thoughtful analysis that enables a broad-based team to make informed decisions regarding the scope and prioritization of work related to foundational data required for analytics & reporting through the LPL platform.
In this role, you will provide leadership with timely, accurate, and insightful commentary and recommendations. You will gain a full understanding of, and the ability to explain, all business aspects of our business needs while working with numerous business units across the firm. This role will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, product, and project management skillsets to help lead our foundational data landscape.
Specifically, for this role, a background in data product management is required, as well as having a consulting mindset. You will be responsible for product data management into the LPL ecosystem to meet the needs of external prospects and internal clients. You will be valuable leader in the agile teams helping provide clarity on the strategic vision for the work; identifying the key goals, milestones and performance indicators for data initiatives; providing data guidance and expertise on the shaping of the end-to-end experience; User journey maps, stories & setting foudational features for our startegc data products.
What will you do as the Assistant Vice President, Data Product Owner?
- Work closely with business and technical partners to align goals and priorities, including providing vision for the agile teams as well as creating and prioritizing the roadmap and backlog.
- Creates Features, Epics & Stories in JIRA backlog
- Prioritizes product backlog based on product roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify key business and regulatory requirements that address business objectives
- Work “out in front” of the technical data team to scope and prioritize work to be able to effective partner to align necessary resource and execution plans.
- Drive decision-making for across the business and technical teams by raising issues to the proper levels for attention and driving transparency at all levels surrounding program execution.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement. We need someone with experience understanding, analyzing and solutioning for data needs related to:
CRM/demographic data, financial/accounting data, investment product and transactional data, necessary books and records, and a variety of others. Additionally, a strong working knowledge of how data is sent and stored through a variety of mediums, including APIs, data file feeds, third-party integrations, and record repositories or data warehouses
What skills and experiences are advantageous?
- Minimum 5-8 years of extensive experience in data and product management or product development
- Hands-on technical experience with warehouse architecture, data modeling, requirement gathering, relational database structures
- Ability to position a vast array of solutions effectively to help meet client needs.
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Team-player with a positive can-do attitude, with an ability to both contribute as an individual and work with a motivated, high performing team.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement tactical plans that you designed.
- The preferred candidate will be local to an LPL corporate office.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.