AVP, Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-005562 Date posted: 01/09/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Description: The AVP Project Manager works independently and is accountable for working with Executive sponsors and senior leaders to define, socialize and attain buy-in of scope, benefits and expected outcomes in the early stages or project initiation. Ongoing planning, tracking and execution of projects of varying scale and complexity requires a high degree of skill in cross functional collaboration, communication and leadership. This individual should be comfortable with all aspects and mechanics of the project delivery life-cycle from pre-initiation through closure and possess a strong ability to consolidate inputs and business needs to inform and communicate target road maps, work breakdown, governance, milestones and timelines through the life of the project. An emphasis on journey mapping and executive level messaging via PowerPoint for EVP+ is a critical need in this role.
Responsibilities of the Sr, Project Manager will include:
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise, including executive management, to enable a mutual understanding of project risks and opportunities and achieving close alignment on business needs.
- Select and organize project teams and establish clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams while maintaining responsibility for delivering defined project outputs on time and that meet project quality criteria.
- Keep management and key stakeholders well-informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment ensuring that client expectations and satisfaction are met or exceeded.
- Identify issues and ensure timely actions to resolve, including escalating when necessary
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Work with managers and stakeholders to identify and document process gaps (e.g., as evidenced by recurring issues) and suggest solutions and approaches to remediation.
- Ongoing need to leverage strong PowerPoint presentations, in addition to project documentation and artifacts, to communicate to steering committees, executive sponsors, finance, etc.
- Perform high level business analysis when needed.
In addition to being highly organized, key qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- Four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic discipline a plus.
- 7+ years Project Management experience, preferably in the Financial Services or Broker/Dealer industries.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to continually prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Highly capable in Excel, Word, Visio and MS Project and/or SmartSheet.
- Advanced knowledge and ability with PowerPoint for executive level communication/story telling is a must.
- CAPM or PMP Certification desired, Lean Enterprise skill set a plus.
- Vendor packaged software implementation management background - Organizational redesign and process improvement in the Financial Services space is highly desired.
- Advanced interpersonal and behavioral skills including team and individual leadership, oral and written communication, conflict resolution, negotiation, influencing and delegating.
- Customer service/relationship management experience and/or operations experience is desired.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders and customers.
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work.
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence behavior of others. Management experience a plus.
- Maintains a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
Functions with a generalist mindset while also possessing an aptitude for strong analytical thinking and issue resolution.
Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.