AVP. Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-001473 Date posted: 02/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The AVP, Project Manager will work independently and is accountable for defining, planning, tracking and managing projects of varying scale and complexity. They will also identify key resources and provide leadership to cross-functional teams while maintaining responsibility for delivering defined project outputs on time and that meet project quality criteria. A high-level of attention to customer service is expected. The person who holds this position will help maintain our commitment to best practices in order to align with management/department goals:
- Successful project implementation
- A world-class customer experience
- Improvement of core processes
- Improved risk and control environment
Responsibilities of the AVP, Project Manager will include:
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise to enable a mutual understanding of project risks and opportunities and achieving close alignment on business needs.
- Select and organize project teams and establish clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams while maintaining responsibility for delivering defined project outputs on time and that meet project quality criteria.
- Keep management and key stakeholders well-informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment ensuring that client expectations and satisfaction are met or exceeded.
- Identify issues and ensure timely actions to resolve, including escalating when necessary
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Work with managers and stakeholders to identify and document process gaps (e.g., as evidenced by recurring issues) and suggest solutions and approaches to remediate.
- Perform high level business analysis when needed.
In addition to being highly organized, key qualifications of the ideal candidate include:
- Four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic discipline a plus.
- 7+ years Project Management experience, preferably in the Financial Services or Broker/Dealer industries.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to continually prioritize and meet deadlines.
- CAPM or PMP Certification desired, Lean Enterprise skill set a plus.
- Vendor packaged software implementation management background.
- Advanced interpersonal and behavioral skills including team and individual leadership, oral and written communication, conflict resolution, negotiation, influencing and delegating.
- Customer service/relationship management experience and/or operations experience is desired.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders and customers.
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work.
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence behavior of others. Management experience a plus.
- Maintains a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Functions with a generalist mindset while also possessing an aptitude for strong analytical thinking and issue resolution.
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio and MS Project.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.