AVP, Public RelationsApply Job ID: R-004265 Date posted: 08/21/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are seeking an Assistant Vice President of Public Relations to drive positive PR with a specific focus on promoting our business results. The person in this role will: develop and execute strategic PR plans; write press releases and talking points; develop messaging; secure executive and advisor media interview opportunities; and manage media inquiries. The position requires a sound knowledge of PR, including a strong grasp of Social Media, and will work at both strategic and tactical levels. The AVP reports to the Vice President of Corporate Communication and Public Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively develops media strategies to promote LPL Financial recruiting wins and other positive business results.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data from various sources to discover opportunities to promote the business.
- Develop press releases and other communications for LPL owned platforms and channels to promote when new advisors join the firm.
- Promote key business milestones and other important financial metrics with key external audiences.
- Partner with internal department leaders to develop and promote thought leadership on various topics and trends.
- Respond to media inquiries, including serving as a spokesperson or selecting and preparing suitable LPL subject matter experts to respond.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal partners and executives.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus on Communications, English/Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing preferred, advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 plus years of relevant Public Relations experience, either at an agency or corporation
- Must be proficient in Excel-based analytics
- Seeking creative thinker, whether it be through developing positioning, pitches, story ideas or campaigns
- Proactive, initiates work streams, asks critical questions and seeks information to move a project forward at pace
- Experience executing on successful PR programs and understanding Social Media
- Excellent project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of broker/dealer or financial services a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and professional client service manner
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high level of energy
- Must be an enthusiastic team player with a dedication to excellence, and a positive, flexible attitude in order to manage competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task in an execution-driven environment for maximum result
- Deadline driven; operates well under pressure and is adaptable
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work independently while demonstrating good judgment
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.