AVP, Software Developer in TestingApply Job ID: R-009396 Date posted: 08/10/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Fort Mill
- Collaborate with product, engineering and other domain teams to understand features, develop and automate test cases, improve product quality and shorten release time from dev to production.
- Using different software testing methodologies to deliver quality software.
- Coordinating and driving E2E testing across domains.
- Being able to identify the manual processes and solve through automation.
- Working with software engineers to understand product architecture and features.
- Participate in code reviews to advocate and improve code quality and coding standards.
- Create and maintain data scenarios to support test plans and test cases
- Analyzing test results, being a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Documenting and track bugs to closure.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Mentoring team and individuals on best automation practices, design and implementation.
- Documenting and maintaining respective processes.
- Bachelors or Masters in CS or related degrees.
- Minimum of 10+ years of hand on experience in software development in test automation, concurrent coding skills in Java.
- Experience in building automation frameworks and/or contributing to the frameworks.
- Experience in API testing (SOAP and REST/MicroServices).
- Experience in UI and Mobile Testing.
- Experience with test frameworks like Junit, TestNG.
- Experience with using open source libraries to bring in efficiencies.
- Familiarity with BDD and/or Cucumber
- Experience with code versioning tools (Git, SVN..)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Experience with Jira or similar Agile process tools.
- Experience with using defect management and test management tools.
- Excellent SQL knowledge with the ability to write complex queries for validation as well as review stored procedures for verification.
- Experience creating strategies to cover vendor integrations.
- Following Scrum/Agile development methodology.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where resourcefulness, determination, and strong problem-solving skills are necessary for success.
- Strong application debugging skills.
- Experience with different testing methodologies.
- Positive attitude and the ability to complete assigned objectives with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with shell scripting
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.