Product Manager, Risk TechnologyApply Job ID: R-004708 Date posted: 12/20/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
As Product Manager, you will focus on the competencies that are business and customer-facing. You will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Has holistic knowledge of CLR/Compliance platforms
- Ability to strategize forward looking CLR solutions to enable Ease of Doing business by platform consolidation, enabling a centralized Compliance Hub of services and workflow optimization
- Create multi-year technology roadmap in-conjecture with Compliance, Legal and Risk and Architecture priorities
- Participate in Vendor Selection process in enabling the reduction of risk to the firm and enhancing business process capabilities
- Prior experience dealing with Machine learning and Mobile based Compliance platform integration would be a plus
- Deliver optimized solutions for ongoing projects
- Provide Support to any Regulatory ad-hoc tasks ranging from Production support consultation to audit remediation as applicable
- Exposure to technical nuances like API, mobile apps is preferred
- Work in an Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Working knowledge of TFS, JIRA, QC, Aha!
- Experience with Rapid prototyping of Proof of Concepts desirable
- Ability to manage a team of Analysts/SOWs
- The candidate should be comfortable functioning in a leadership role with development teams that consist of programmers and analysts both on shore and off shore
- Ability to innovate and explore possibilities, ability to match business needs with technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience with financial services industry a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.