AVP, Sales TrainerApply Job ID: R-007405 Date posted: 02/11/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The purpose of the Independent Advisor Institute (IAI) is to create a world-class training and development program to provide new advisors the skills and resources needed to become successful in the financial services industry. Partnering with our existing advisors looking to grow their practice, we help new advisors prepare to pass the licensing exams and provide skill training that will develop them into productive members of their local firm.
The AVP, Sales Trainer will give participants an opportunity to jumpstart their career into the financial services industry. The program will consist of training, mentorship, and peer-to-peer interactions designed to position the new advisors for success.
As an AVP, Sales Trainer one of your main responsibilities will be facilitating the training, mentoring, and development offered in the program. The ability to transfer knowledge and skill to new advisors that enable them to acquire clients is a critical component of success. You will be required to lead distant and in-person training to both large and small audiences with a variety of backgrounds. You will also need to be adept in tracking metrics to identifying learnings that you use to enhance the outcome for all those to engage in your sessions. Important to your success will be industry and training experience, effective communication, and a growth mindset.
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly skilled in sales, has experience as an advisor, and has a strategic mindset. The position is based in San Diego, CA and will require periodic travel.
- Using a variety of methods to promote the IAI program to clients
- Create, prepare and deliver Power Point presentations
- Enhance current curriculum content to stay current and relevant
- Manage the enrollments and curriculum
- Collaborate internally across departments to ensure appropriate departments get included in training
- Uncover and implement opportunities that make the program run smoothly while increasing the value experience for the end users
- Leverage technology opportunities to achieve program objectives
- Travel as needed and directed to achieve program outcomes
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Help identify opportunities to scale the program to achieve its three year vision
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong sales skills with a bias towards action
- Previous experience as a Financial Advisor strongly preferred
- Intellectually curious and strong strategic competencies
- Series 7 and Series 66 preferred
- Strong, creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, or a related field
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.