AVP, Product Manager, Overlay SystemsApply Job ID: R-000895 Date posted: 02/23/2018 Primary Location MA-Remote
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Vice President, Security Architect which is a part of LPL’s Business Technology Services organization. A successful candidate will have strong analytical, technical and communication skills and experience with enterprise security technologies of various types. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing financial company, and to help develop and shape the initiatives and strategy of a growing Information Security team.
• Serve as a technical security subject matter expert (SME) for the firm
• Champion new security solution initiatives for the larger Information Security department
• Participate in the Architecture Review Board to serve as Information Security’s voice in governance of the System / Software Development Process (SDLC), as it relates to security elements
• Develop security-specific enterprise reference artifacts (e.g., patterns, blueprints, roadmaps, etc.)
• Participate in the selection decisions of security tools for use by various teams
• Lead proof of concept efforts for the Information Security team
• Lead the design effort for security solutions and champion them through the architectural portions of the SDLC process
• Provide input into vision and strategy for the Information Security department and the role of security solutions
• Manage technical documentation library and roadmap for Information Security solutions
• Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of overall information technology experience
• Minimum 2 years Information Security experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in an architecture role
• Knowledge of modern enterprise and security architectures, their challenges, common approaches to overcome their challenges, and their inherent security strengths and weaknesses
• Knowledge of various platforms (e.g., Windows, Linux, etc.)
• Knowledge of various security tools (e.g., AV, HIPS, firewalls, VPN, DLP, etc.)
• Knowledge of various networking concepts and devices (e.g., routing, switching, VLANs, etc.)
• Knowledge of various databases (e.g., Oracle, MS-SQL, etc.)
• Knowledge of various database security tools (e.g., activity monitoring, etc.)
• Knowledge of emerging technologies (e.g., mobile, cloud, etc.)
• Ability to communicate technical information in understandable business terms
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Excellent judgment and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent documentation skills
• Working knowledge of various architecture frameworks (e.g., TOGAF, etc.)
• Information security certifications are a plus (e.g., CISSP, CISM, etc.)
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.