AVP, Sharepoint ArchitectApply Job ID R-001091 Date posted 09/13/2017
LPL Financial is currently hiring a Sharepoint Lead with development, architecture, and design experience. This position is positioned to help the firm address ongoing, common, challenges around Sharepoint platforms including, application lifecycle management, administration, governance, monitoring, developer community training and mentorship, and overall usage. The individual filling this role needs to have experience that covers the majority of the qualifications below and be a motivated and energetic team player. They must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, and be willing to work in a changing environment.
Technical experience and knowledge:
- Experience building Roadmaps and designs to leverage Sharepoint and other MS apps for employee productivity
- Define and manage the application lifecycle plan for the Sharepoint platform
- Develop Governance program for Sharepoint development
- Define policies and best practices on standards on SP usage and development
- Manage our “Trusted Partner program” that provides guidance to the Sharepoint developer community
- Train and have ongoing mentorship with developers (especially those in the business units)
- Lead Sharepoint developer for 5 or more years
- Ability to code and develop on the Sharepoint 2016 platform
- Capture user requests for custom SP applications and templates
- Work with manager and team to review, analyze, and prioritize business demands against the overall strategy
- Collaborate with stakeholders, architects, and developers to design quality solutions
- Sharepoint 2010/2016/Office 365
- Familiarity with Java based technologies, such as, Angular JS, Typescript, Gulp, Webpack
- C# and other web development experience a plus
- Ability to innovate and present new ideas/solutions. Ability to handle customer discussions effectively and interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to present application designs to stakeholders and management for review and input
- Advanced knowledge of application design principles, patterns and practices, systems development and analysis
- Take a leadership role in providing technical directions and process improvements
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and willingness to adapt to LPL’s SDLC
- Ability to work with users to gather and understand business needs and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that both technical and non-technical end users can understand
- Demonstrated ability to create positive professional business relationships.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.