AVP, Strategic Accounts AnalystApply Job ID: R-015990 Date posted: 09/13/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you pride yourself on being a strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset?
Are you someone who has a knack for thinking outside the box?
Do you want to learn and grow at a F500 firm, the nation’s largest broker-dealer, and third largest RIA custodian?
Do you have a passion for developing actionable business insights by leveraging best in class analytics tools?
The AVP, Strategic Accounts Analyst – Enterprise Networks will serve a critical role within LPL’s highly visible Enterprise Partners Innovation and Development team. This team will be responsible for driving the evolution of LPL’s business model within our largest and most complex advisor segment ($200B+ AUM). The team is new within LPL and this role provides a unique opportunity to generate value for the firm and be part of real change at the ground level.
On this team, you will be responsible for supporting the segment strategy by developing and maintaining client reporting processes, identifying and communicating client opportunities, and identifying and executing on strategic priorities within the client base.
The team, while new, has incredible buy-in across the firm. We are looking to execute on this mandate in partnership with a motivated individual who possesses an analytical, strategic, and ownership mindset – we hope that person is you!
What you will do:
- Become an expert in LPL’s product offerings, affiliation types and market
- Build rapport and establish trusting relationships with LPL’s Large Enterprise & Network segment and advisor community ($200B+ total AUM or $2B+ firms)
- Qualify and quantify strategic and tactical opportunities in order to maintain healthy relationships with the leadership teams of LPL’s largest clients (Top ~12)
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of client profiles, KPIs, OKRs, and executive reporting collateral (on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis)
- Seek to automate and constantly improve internal processes for tracking: financial metrics, product usage, asset distribution, adoption of technology, etc.
- Collaborate on and help implement operational improvements to drive organic growth, retention and lifetime value
- Consistently innovate or support innovation of the segment’s business model and product offerings
- Champion client needs internally to help prioritize product roadmap decisions
- Monitor and analyze segment trends, developments, and players to inform LPL’s segment strategy and support innovation
- Work directly with our product and technology teams to drive reporting automation initiatives
Run point on reporting across the entire business segment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of analyst / consulting experience managing a portfolio of large strategic accounts (ideally within a financial services context)
- A deep understanding of the independent wealth management industry
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership up to and including the C-Suite both inside and outside of LPL
- Experience leveraging business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) to optimize processes, enable success, and increase clarity for both LPL and our partners
- Ability to correlate customer pain points and needs to LPL business value and offerings
- Capable of switching between high-level strategic thinking and a tactical opportunity mindset
- Proven track record for articulating partnership value, assessing fit, and building rapport; driven by a consultative mindset
- Exemplary written, verbal, presentation, and active listening skills; high emotional intelligence
- Flexible mindset and ability to adapt quickly to new demands and challenges (able to deal with ambiguous situations, frequent change, or unexpected events)
- Approach all job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and attention to detail; tenacious desire to exceed expectations
- Team mindset, focused on setting each other up for success
- Comfortable being a follower, leader, or teammate as occasion demands; low ego
- Proficient with core technology tools: CRM Platform (Salesforce, RedTail, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.), Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.