AVP, Strategic InitiativesApply Job ID: R-009177 Date posted: 03/17/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Assistant Vice President of Strategic Initiatives will be based in San Diego, CA and report directly to IAS Business Consulting Enablement team and be a member of the National Sales & Consulting business unit.
The AVP will handle complex initiatives and help build out a best-in-class program management capabilities. The job requires regular interaction with senior inter/cross-departmental leadership, as well as executive and c-level firm leadership. Having the experience, presence and poise to command the respect and trust of senior management and other highly driven and independent professionals is a must.
This position requires advanced organizational and communication skills, the ability to operate in a highly dynamic multi-tasking environment, and demonstrated ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. Having a strong work ethic, being an effective communicator, and a sense of diplomacy will be imperative to the success of any individual in this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess the ability to manage lead complex individual projects or workstreams that span across multiple business units
- Develop and managed annual and ongoing roadmap of enablement projects and initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Thrives in a team atmosphere with the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change
- Be able to review existing business processes to identify and execute against areas of improvement.
- Possess or be able to quickly develop a basic understanding of processes and technology, enabling a cross-functional perspective on consulting opportunities.
- Be innately familiar with the practice/application of project management and agile concepts and techniques, including:
- Defining, managing, and driving to completion related work plans
- Leveraging cross functional expertise to define applicable work scope
- Efficient and accurate completion of organizational impact assessments
- Resource planning
- Supporting cross functional governance models
- Project planning and documentation which identifies milestones, deliverables, timelines, and owners
- Tracking of project issues and related risk items, and developing required remediation plans
- Conduct project reviews and status meetings to drive desired outcomes
- Creating executive status reporting packages
- Coordinate across the organization to ensure successful project completion.
- Perform other project management related duties as assigned
- Leveraging and enhancing firm Project Protocols to drive desired outcomes
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, or equivalent program management experience
- 3+ years of leading annual project planning is required
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum & Kanban
- PMP and Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt qualification preferred
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- A high level of integrity, earning the respect and trust of his/her peer groups and executives
- Strong communication skills a must – verbal and written
- Personal confidence with outstanding leadership capabilities
- Ability to collaborate and work across a large and highly matrixed organization and collaborate/influence as appropriate
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence behavior of others
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes, particularly in difficult matters
Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.