AVP, Succession PlanningApply Job ID: R-020627 Date posted: 04/11/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
Do you have a passion for building innovative solutions and relentlessly delivering results for clients? Do you desire to positively impact thousands of financial advisors and help them realize their growth and legacy aspirations? In that case, we want to hear from you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs, and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Do you have a passion for delivering innovative solutions and results for clients? Do you desire to positively impact thousands of financial advisors and help them plan for the future, protect their life’s work, and realize their legacy? In that case, we want to hear from you!
Financial Solutions is a fast-growing division with an entrepreneurial spirit focused on delivering innovative, industry-leading services to help advisor practices grow, protect, and plan for their legacy.
What we are looking for:
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
The Succession Planning team delivers end-to-end legacy planning support for LPL's 19,000+ advisors. LPL's Financial Solutions group is seeking an Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Succession Planning to help deliver seamless Succession Planning Support offerings.
- Lead succession planning engagements with the ability to implement clear and concise strategies for execution
- Generalist skillset with the ability to turn a complex succession process into a seamless transaction for clients at all levels of expertise
- Understand continuity, succession, and corporate planning options to guide advisors to make educated decisions
- Enhance and evolve succession service offerings and maintain/create efficient processes
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure
- Utilize internal resources to ensure milestones are completed, and advisor expectations are met
- Interface with business unit counterparts to address specific needs of advisors
- Create reporting and analysis to drive advisor business decisions
- Handle escalations by both internal business partners and our advisors
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Be able to present new ideas as we expand and iterate on our product offerings
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, or Economics (or a related discipline) preferred
- 5+ years of succession planning, M&A, and/or wealth manage practice management preferred
- Ability to execute strategies and track successful delivery
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate into digestible messages, ability to present complex topics in an engaging way with partners and clients
- Ability to engage in Executive and Leadership level discussions in an informative and concise manner
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Strong knowledge of business valuations and financial concepts preferred
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative, and show strong attention to detail
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence, and integrity
- Self-driven individual with a high level of motivation
- Positive attitude with a commitment to excellence and integrity
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.