AVP, TechnologyApply Job ID: R-005593 Date posted: 06/13/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Business Development & Sales Technology is seeking a Platform Manager to join the newly established organization supporting LPL’s Business Development & Sales groups. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated prior ability to own a product strategy through execution and is willing to participate in all aspects of the process. This is a strategic role and will report to the SVP of Business Development & Sales Technology.
The Platform Manager is a dynamic role requiring a skillset across product management, business analysis, as well as interaction with technical teams; all with a focus on supporting LPL’s clients and technology’s business partners. The focus of this position is working closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates; ultimately transforming those inputs into a vision and actual technology product(s). This role will be key in understanding the developing capabilities needed to address business challenges and will oversee business analysts progressively over the build out.
An ideal candidate has experience in the delivery of digital solutions/transformations, bringing business driven technology products from nothing to fruition, business development/sales knowledge, working in an agile context, and the capacity to lead resources directly and indirectly. In addition, the candidate is seeking an opportunity to establish themselves as a key resource in delivering the strategy of the firm and growing the capabilities of this new technology team. They are highly motivated, a self-starter, collaborative, innovative, and passionate about a customer centric design. All driving towards delivering excellence in everything they do.
- Deep understanding of product management principles and methods
- Proven track record of business process optimization and improvement from a customer centric perspective.
- Ability to transcend multiple dimensions; high level vision, roadmaps, to user stories and ultimately deliver something of actual business value (i.e. not afraid to get their hands dirty when needed).
- Strong relationship building skills, communication skills, and ability to interact with executive level stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, collaborative, and innovative with the ability to drive results and deadlines.
- Able to lead, not follow, brings energy and a vision with the capacity to make it happen.
- Ability to work across and gain understanding of new business domains and technically interact with development teams.
- Understanding of phased delivery, driving from experiments, to POC’s, to pilots, and on to full rollout.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to manage resources as a leader within the organization; both direct and indirect.
- Understanding and ability to work within multiple project management disciplines (Agile, waterfall, etc.) with a heavy lean towards agile methods.
- Prior engagements in the buildout of new platforms from scratch.
- Digital transformation and strategy experience, including experience in customer centric research and design.
- Prior experience with business development and recruiting organizations.
- Experience in sales and marketing strategies as well as related data analysis, deriving insights, and processes.
- Financial services experience including:
- Recruiting and onboarding of Financial Advisors.
- Experience and proficiency in financial management and broker dealer industry, including understanding of the products and processes.
- Experience in defining solutions for various personas, including Financial Advisors, End Investors, Traders, Recruiting, etc.
- Merger and acquisition experience.
- End to end product management for multiple capabilities across the business development and sales channels.
- Ably represents, interface with and engage the business user.
- Acts as a fully integrated team member.
- Uses clear goals to communicate the project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the team understands and is equipped to realize it.
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood.
- Communicates status outside the team.
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Prioritizes user stories by business value.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develops and maintains standards for testing and progress visibility.
- Provides progress reporting.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
- Is always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities.
- Steers the project to ensure delivery of business value.
- Is visible, vocal, and objective.
- 5-10 years Financial services experience
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Platform/product management experience within and agile delivery framework
- Track record of delivering in Agile software development methodologies
- Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.