AVP - UX/UI Solution LeadApply Job ID: R-006318 Date posted: 04/04/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
As AVP: UX/UI Solution Lead for Digital Experience Technology, this role plays a key creative & technical leadership role in providing UX / UI vision and leading design implementation practice in collaboration with product design leads. The person will work independently and / or lead a team of onshore and offshore UX Architects and UI developers responsible for designing and implementing UX/UI for digital products and platforms.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make a vision a reality.
- Create and drive the LPL Growth portfolio’s strategy for design – align and collaborate with key stakeholders and product design lead to ensure this vision helps deliver on both the product and business goals
- Hand’s on SME r responsible to draw insights from the work of product research team and work with development team to turn that understanding into tangible UI solutions (i.e High fidelity HTML Mockups and IOS Designs)
- Solid experience developing, extending and applying product research and design specifications to UI pattern libraries, reusable GUI components, content inventories, and design guidelines for digital products and mobile applications, delivered in waterfall and/or Agile software development cycles
- Detailed-oriented nature, with solid experience developing high fidelity html’s and UI Annotations to hand off to front and back-end development and quality assurance teams
- Technology and Creative Advocate in all decisions with the business, marketing and product teams
- Work collaboratively with Engineering and Development teams to review and assess the technical feasibility of the designs and socialize feedback with product teams.
- Manage and grow technology design organization of UX Architects & UI developers , inspiring and motivating a world-class team of talented people to deliver their best work
- Ensure brand, system and experience level consistency across our products and user groups.
- Work with technology, product and business partners to build and deliver hands-on prototype workshops to enhance current digital platforms, or create a new digital offering
- Collaborate and partner with UX Groups to bring consensus and standardization across design principles, methodology, standards and artifacts
- Good experience in practicing and executing projects in Agile Scrum or Agile Safe iterative methodologies
- Supports innovation POC’s evaluating various fin-tech tools
- Bachelor Degree in Design / Creative / Computer Science
- 10+ years of Product Design & UX experience for B2B & B2C products with a focus on complex flows and use cases across customer journeys
- 3+ years building and leading a highly effective UX Architecture and design organization at a tech company
- Strong experience working across all manifestations of what we design from responsive web and mobile apps
- Experience with preparing strategy, roadmap and executive decks is added advantage
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.