AVP, Virtual CFO Internal Desk (Finance Manager)Apply Job ID: R-005268 Date posted: 12/05/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL’s new Virtual CFO program is looking for a talented candidate with both a financial a managerial background. The AVP, Virtual CFO Internal desk will be responsible for hiring, developing, managing and prioritizing deliverables for shared pool of analysts that support the advisor facing Virtual CFO’s.
The Virtual CFO program is designed to accelerate advisors growth (organic and inorganic) by having them understand the profitability/value of their business and growth potential, implementing tailored growth strategies, and providing early access to M&A opportunities for business expansion.
The Virtual CFO program allows advisors to spend more time with their clients as the dedicated Virtual CFO’s will be the financial expert reviewing/implementing the business’ financial infrastructure, providing financial analysis, insights and business metrics. As a dedicated Virtual CFO they are also responsible for providing easy to understand and interpret summarized forecasts, budgets, cost benefit analysis, and accounting information.
Finally, the Virtual CFO program allows advisors to achieve peace of mind by providing subject matter expertise to advisors regarding their business structure, providing access to LPL capital with favorable terms, strategies to prepare their business for liquidation, and access to succession planning solutions
Strong managerial skills with a focus on development of the team are a must. Solid communication, analytical, strategic thinkingand problem solving skills are needed, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability to work within a team, take initiative and show strong attention to detail is also a requirement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Manage a team of analysts that support the team of advisor facing Virtual CFO’s
- Source, interview and hire top tier analyst talent
- Develop team to grow in their current role and become the future Virtual CFO’s within the firm
- Showcase success and talents of the team to various levels of management as well
- Quickly identify areas of improvement and work to correct these areas as needed
Provide support and manage deliverables of a team that provides analytical support to advisor facing Virtual Chief Financial Officers and their advisors’ businesses
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information
- Providing key performance indicators and predicting future financial trends
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, profit and loss statements, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk
- Analyzing market trends and competitors
Advisor access to capital
- Support the existing capital solutions programs that provide advisors access to capital to support practice acquisition and growth related to their tailored plan
- Work with Advisor Capital organization to ensure a streamlined, efficient and effective process for deploying capital to our advisors to assist in growing their business
Ad-hoc business analysis, reporting and decision support
- Collaborate with Virtual CFO’s and advisors to ensure proper financial perspective is brought to decision-making
- Support the creation and compilation of various studies and surveys, including the Advisor Benchmarking Survey and the Advisor Productivity & Profitability Study
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Prior managerial experience is necessary
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry, and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with advisors and senior management
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Up to 25% travel anticipated
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.