Backup Virtual Administration Services Associate - Financial Service Experience NeededApply Job ID: R-005419 Date posted: 12/14/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 15,000 financial advisors and over 4000 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Joining our team as a Backup Virtual Administration Services Associate (BVAS) will allow you to support financial advisors by offering an extraordinary quality service experience. Our service team’s main priority is to create a reliable support system for our clients so they can easily grow their practice. Being flexible and adaptable to competing priorities will be key success factors for this position.
Virtual Services are a new product offering for LPL designed to help their Advisors gain time, reduce costs, and drive growth. Outsourcing their daily practice management tasks to direct-access dedicated specialists within LPL will enable them to focus their newfound freedom on generating revenue and growing their business. The new role of Backup Virtual Admin works with our new Virtual Admins and with our Advisors as a backup administrative assistant and on the Virtual Admin team to create extraordinary service for our advisors and their clients.
What you’ll do
The new role of Backup Virtual Admin provides middle office services to advisors including any and all daily tasks provided by the advisor to their virtual admin. This would include, resolving notifications, opening accounts, moving money, transferring accounts, and working directly with clients to complete any of these tasks. Performing in a team environment and working closely with virtual admins and advisors Backup Virtual Admin is expected to provide dedicated day to day support regarding technology, business processing and client management.
- Working daily with the Virtual Admin team to provide support for our Advisors
- Work directly with Advisors as a Backup Admin when their Virtual Admin is out of the office.
- Create communications for Virtual Admin team to proactively serve Advisors needs
- •CRM (calendar) management and scheduling of client appointments
- •Research complex situations, set client expectations, and define the actions necessary to resolve inquiries in a timely manner
- •Assume ownership of inquiries and see them through to a timely resolution
- •Communicate with internal departments to ensure we meet our clients expectations for timely service delivery
- •Submit instructions for account activities on behalf of the advisor and end clients for brokerage functions (New Accounts, Cash Management, Transfers, Account Maintenance)
- •Manage account notifications and resolution of NIGOs
- •Manage daily reports for account activities that are operational in nature – cash management, RMDs, periodic distributions, debits, pending settlements, etc.
- •Address questions from clients on account activity, policies and statements
- •Assist with information and documentation requirements for new accounts, transfers and complex (non-investment related) activities
- Assist Virtual Admins in proactive reach out to clients and advisors on time sensitive activities - RMDs, distributions and 1099s
- Assist Virtual Admin in helping the advisor in the preparation of upcoming client meetings (i.e., paperwork, requirements, etc.)
- Educate advisors and clients on the use of technology to company set goals
- Help drive increased adoption revenue and net new household assets for advisors
- Help reduce LPL operating cost through increased usage ESIG, E delivery, account view adoption and reduced NIGOs
- Exercising the core skills required to form meaningful relationships
- Drive customer experience to high levels of satisfaction by adhering to our corporate values
- Assist Virtual Admins in providing daily recaps to the advisor summarizing work completed and outstanding
- Communicate with internal departments to ensure we meet our clients expectations for timely service delivery
The Expertise We’re Looking For
As a Backup Virtual Administration Services Associate you will understand the needs of financial advisors and how to, not only meet those needs, but go above and beyond and delight your advisors with your proactive, friendly service. You will have a firm grasp on the rules and regulations of the financial industry. You will be organized, friendly, and task oriented.
- 2-3 years financial services/customer service experience
- Proven track record with Customer Satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills & attributes; Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent phone communication and listening skills
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Plenty of drive, initiative and motivation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build and foster relationships
- Ability to analyze and research information
- The Experience with CRM applications such as Salesforce and Redtail preferred
The Success You Deliver
We enable our clients to focus on what they do best—create the personal, long-term relationships that are the foundation for turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. As a Virtual Administration Services Associate you will work to delight your advisors by proactively solving the needs of their offices. Performance will be reviewed versus office success by taking ownership of all advisor office tasks allowing the advisor to grow his/her business.
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.